Friday, March 6, 2009

Attitude


Many of you know I had my second child almost 5 months ago. Let me just say it has taken a toll on the "beauty" and "style" portion of my life. I have gone to Rite-aid with throw up on my HUSBAND'S thsirt (I would wear my own tshirt but then you would see my 'love handles'....that's a whole other blog entry) to pick up diapers, more times than I should admit. I pick up my son at school with out any make-up, my hair in a bun and my wardrobe, well let's just say it's a smidgen better than my PJs.

This is not a pity party. My whining is not an attempt to score re-assurement in the comment section. It's more a call to action for me and for all of you. We need to take step back and TRY and find a few moments in our INSANE day to look out for "ME"! Say it..."I NEED TIME FOR ME". This is not directed to just moms, but rather ALL women. Between careers, families, friends, and life responsibilities, I feel that sometimes our personal needs fall to the wayside. Making time for you, so you feel good on the inside is KEY to looking fabulous on the outside!

The next question is what is it going to take for a little self love? Here are a few suggestions:

1. Meditation: you need some alone time to be with just your thoughts. A little time to reflect on goals and aspirations.
2. Exercise (24 hour fitness has a 30 min program...I just joined!). And not necessarily to lose weight but merely to find some alone time to focus on you. The losing weight/getting toned is a BONUS!
3. Sleep...you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure this one out.

Now here are few "superficial" suggestions. They always make me feel better!

1. Wear nice lingerie. Doesn't have to be pricey just something pretty so you feel good underneath your clothes. A little something sexy/beautiful will give you boost.
2. Hair accessories: Tie your hair up with a jeweled headband or use a silk scarf to tie it back. It looks stylish and effortless all in the same step.
3. Blush and lip gloss: You can almost put that on while driving (don't do that). It takes 30 seconds and you look put together.
4. Pick 2 fool proof outfits: Whether you are tired or in a hurry, it's great to have a "go to" outfit. Make sure to have two -- one dressy and one casual. That way when your in a bind, you know you will look great!
5. Eyebrows: This is a personal favorite. When my brows are done, I feel like a million bucks!

No matter what your lifestyle is like, it's important to focus on you!

No comments: