Saturday, May 30, 2009

Latest EDITION


The Westfield Mall, Union Square San Francisco, is the new home to Banana Republic's accessory store "Edition". I'm not sure if this is a test store designed to get a feel for consumer interest or if it is intended to be a single stand alone store. For now, it's the only one it's kind so I peaked in to see what the buzz is all about.

Edition is a small boutiquish space filled with scarves, hats, eyewear, shoes, fragrance and of course jewelry. And though they had a good size selection of necklaces, bracelets, earrings and rings -- I wasn't blown away. Quite a bit of their selection is currently available at Banana Republic. I found that to be confusing. I was expecting a whole new look and all new product. If that wasn't the intention, then why not just add a bigger selection of product to the existing website?

On a positive note, the jewelry was displayed in a way that was inviting and easy to try on. There was a nice selection of Indian inspired jewelry, rich in yellow gold and semi precious stones. Prices varied -- the most expensive piece I saw was $250. For the most part the prices are reasonable though I didn't feel compelled to buy anything. BUT, if you find something you like and you spend over $75 between June 1 - June 15, you will receive a letter intial charm for free!

No comments: