Wednesday, June 10, 2009

abcd...BCBG

It's time I come out of the fashion closet. I carry a line...one that I don't "advertise". The line has been around for ages but is not exactly recognized as a designer contemporary line. For that reason, I haven't been so vocal about it. BUT, the line has sister collections under its brand that I am IN LOVE with. As of today, I'm officially out of the closet. BCBG is a line that we have carried for some time now. I'd like to go on the record and say it's a GREAT line!

Designers and husband/wife team Max and Lubov Azria, have done an excellent job interpreting trends in a way that the masses can understand. Bits and pieces of the collection are easily available in stores all across the US. But nothing beats shopping the collection at the San Francisco Union Square 2 story "boutique". They carry a plethora of styles worthy of any fashion savvy shopper. The quality/durability of the line is impeccable. I have trousers in my wardrobe that I've had since college. Let's just say it's been at least a decade since I have been in college...so you know the quality stands the test of time and wear.

But wait, it gets better. BCBG, has a what I consider a contemporary collection know as Runway. It's edgy, beautiful, relevant and affordable. Spring/summer '09 wasn't as strong as it has been in the past, but it's still a winner in my book! I've collected several pieces from the Runway collection over the years. Score!!

Then, as if things couldn't get any better...drum roll please -- Max Azria, the collection. I visit the union square location all the time. The first thing I do is run down to see the latest must haves in this collection. This season the designer duo went for a minimalist jersey collection in an almost exclusive pale and neutral color palette. "For the label, it was a welcome breath of fresh air, particularly when you consider its somewhat complicated and corseted Fall. The look this time around was mostly very fluid, with lots of draping, twisting, and casually exposed shoulders and backs."

And then there is the mothership. Max Azria, put another feather in his cap when he relaunched the Herve Leger line in 2007. Herve Leger has been synonymous with glamour and sensuality since it's inception in 1985. Max has been able to maintain the the couturier's heritage while bringing his distinctive style to the brand. It's a match made in heaven.

I'll say it loud and proud...BCBG rocks!

1 comment:

Back-to-Work Sale said...

good design.
It that the new passion for this 2009?