Friday, June 12, 2009

Are Skinny Jeans Bad For Your Health


I know I've said it a million times -- I LOVE skinny jeans! What's not to love? It's my sure fire way to look thinner. I do, however, find that many of my customers think that you have to be a size 2 before daring to put on a pair of skinnies, muchless show them off to the public. I beg to differ.

All my jeans are skinny. With all the voluminous tops and sweaters available this fall, my skinny jeans will come in handy. I'm curvy on bottom so a top with volume paired with a thin narrow leg on bottom gives a slimming illusion. But, whether you wear a body conscious tshirt, an aline tunic or a belted tunic...all options are a winner with skinny jeans. Best of all you can wear flats, heels or boots to complete the look.

You can imagine my shock when I stumbled on the following article claiming that skinnies are hazardous to your health.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/why-not-to-wear-skinny-jeans-nerve-damage-465715/

" Doctors say increasing numbers of women are coming to them with meralgia paresthetica. Do you ever feel a numb, pins-and-needles tingling feeling along your thigh? Do you get a weird burning or itching sensation down your upper leg? This condition is caused by constant pressure cutting off the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve."

Call it crazy, call it vain....my skinnies are here to stay!




No comments: