Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Little Fashion

I'm guessing that many of my fashion diva readers are sans kids. No, this is NOT an attempt to convince you to come over to the other side. You may or may not have kids of your own, but I'm sure at this point in your life you're either related to or are good friends with someone that does. This of course brings me back to shopping -- surprise, surprise. Whether it's Christmas, a birthday or kindergarten graduation...I'm sure you have several reasons to do some kiddie shopping.

I've come across a handful of designers that do a kids line. As a mother of 2 boys, I find that the designer selection for boys is not very exciting. On the other hand, the clothing for little girls is just ADOREABLE. 3.1 Phillip Lim, Calypso, and get this...Chloe -- all have a kids line. These lines aren't inexpensive, but these days with sites like Gilt Groupe, you can find great deals.
Recently, I found that Oscar de la Renta has also launched a kids line. The designer has created charming frocks from leftover bolts of fabric from his collections. Though the prices range from $200 to $350 the label has partnered with Children's Defense Fund and is donating a portion of the proceeds to the charity.

My sister-in-law is about to have a baby girl. Are you thinking what I am thinking? I wonder if my SIL will think it's weird if her daughter and I are wearing matching Phillip Lim dresses? Naaaaah!

No comments: