Monday, August 3, 2009

Cut It or Clip It

I feel terrible. I lied. If it makes you feel better, I'm on the losing end. If I had a penny for every time I came up with a new hair style I wanted...well let's just say I could afford a closet full of red soled shoes. My recent obsession has been getting bangs.

I went to a going away party a few weeks back and the girl who was moving away had the best haircut. She's beautiful to begin with but her hair was spectacular. She had longish hair like mine but she had these soft and wispy bangs across her forehead. Her hair looked fabulous and effortless all at the same time. "I want that hair!", I thought. And then I became obsessed. I talked about it, I looked online for pics -- I even practiced folding may hair so it seemed as though I had bangs. I don't have a "regular" hair stylist -- I did but it's a long story that ended with a traumatizing haircut. I did some Yelp research and took a chance with a salon on College Ave. I won't mention the name (unless you ask me off line).

Now here is is where is the part where I lied. I DID cut bangs. I've had friends ask me if I did it and I have been saying "no!". It took a day to even admit it to my husband. My bangs are frightful. They are too short and my "stylist" did some ADDITIONAL layering to blend the bangs (which, incidentally, I did not ask for) that makes the cut seem even worse. I have been pinning my short bangs back everyday and every night praying they will grow. So far no one has figured it out. Well at least not until now.

My story gets worse. I find out that Jessica Simpson and Ken Paves, stylist to the stars, have come up with "CLIP-IN" bangs. I almost died when I found out! I knew that they were collaborating on a line of clip in hair extensions -- BUT bangs? Why oh why couldn't I figured this out before?

For obvious reasons, I haven't tried them out. No point clipping potentially good bangs on top of my horrible bangs. That would just be pouring salt in the wound. I'm curious though. If you try them out, please let me know what you think.

I'm sorry I lied, but I'm still not showing them to anyone.

No comments: