Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Sartorialist


As you know I spend quite a bit of my time surfing the net for one thing or the other. It's my quiet escape each day. I recently stumbled on this hilarious flowchart! If the laugh wasn't enough, it led me to a great blog -- The Sartorialist. It's the premiere street style blog that has been selected as one of Time Magazine's Top 100 design influencers. That's a nice feather to put in your cap! The author, Scott Schuman, started The Sartorialist to share photos of people on the streets of New York he thought looked great. That was just the beginning...

There is even a coffee table book available -- makes for a great house warming gift.

The blog is primarily picture based with minimal text when applicable. I love to see fashion in real life. I'm so used to seeing "put together" fashion for runways, magazines and the like. No doubt it's fabulous and I do admire it all. BUT, The Sartorialist showcases real people in everyday life who are fashionable and subsequently, inspiring. I love it. Add to me to following -- and what a following it is!


No comments: