Monday, July 13, 2009

A Little to Lose a Lot to Gain

I recently joined boot camp. What was I thinking? Let me just say there is NOTHING glamorous about walking like a duck -- For the first time in my life I had to take advil to relieve my sore muscles. I am sooooo out of shape.

I'm on a mission. I have never been "skinny", but I was happy with my shape and size. Post babies, my opinion has changed. Maybe it's because I have a suitcase full of beautiful clothes that no longer fit. I've started giving up hope on being able to wear those things again. With all the new things to be bought, I guess I can be talked into starting over. Here is where the problem arises. I'm not exactly where I want to be. I spent a good nine months shoving everything from chocolate bars to chicken pot pie in my mouth. It's going to take little work to get it off. I know I can carve out time to workout, but it's hard to make that commitment and get started. I've just completed my first week of boot camp and I love it. I feel like Sheera! And as insane is this sounds, I am craving exercise. Who am I?

The reality is that I have made time for 3 days a week, and that's it. BUT I found something that adds a little extra someTHINg, someTHINg, to my work out schedule. Reebok has introduced a tennis shoe that actually tones key leg muscles like your glutes, hamstrings, and calf muscles just by wearing the shoes. The EasyTone shoe uses balance pods to create natural instability similar to walking on a sandy beach which promotes toning in your legs and booty.

I know we aren't talking about sexy heels or to die for dresses, but we are talking about something that will either help you get into shape or then maintain perfection. If you ask me, that's the best fashion tip I can give. You can buy well made designer clothing, but it's YOU that makes the pieces you buy look Fabulous.

I'm not the girl that usually wears tennis shoes to run errands, but I will be. Especially if its going to help me get into my blue silk Tibi gown coming in next month!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If only those shoes could tone your legs without the pain of boot camp!