Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Dolce, Dolce, Dolce

I know this is not the best picture. I've tried my hardest to find one that would really do this piece the justice it so deserves. For now, I've scanned it in so that I can share what has been making my heart go pitter patter. Ever since I saw this necklace in the March issue of Harper's Bazaar, I have been obsessed. When I flipped to the page that showcased this work of art, I immediately tore it out and archived it. That tear out may very well be the closest I get to it. You'd think that March obsessions would have long be replaced by April, May and June obsessions. I've added new things to dream about, but I'm still hopelessly devoted to this Dolce & Gabbana beauty. I love the full layered chains mixed with pearls -- feminine and edgy all at the same time. I've come to terms with knowing it won't be mine but I've been scouring stores and websites to see if I can come close. This look is a show stopper and is available at many different price points. Here are a few suggestions of other necklaces that I am very fond of.

Tom Binns necklaces are all fantastic. Celebrities and the first lady are all rockin' his jazzy jewels. His pieces are pricey but completely worth it.

A more affordable version is currently available at Banana Republic. It's not as full but uses a great mix of chain and pearls. Add a broach from your own jewerly collection and make the necklace even more interesting.

I've seen "look-a-likes" everywhere from BCBG to Barneys. There are many great pieces out there that encompass this style. Whatever your choice for necklace, add it to an open neckline and transform whatever you are wearing from great to spectacular!

As for me -- if anyone bumps into my Dolce, christmas is less than 6 months away...I can wait.

No comments: