Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Belt It

Anyone who knows me knows I have a small wardrobe. I'd like to think it's well edited but let's just say I have more floor length formal gowns than I do jeans. Now if I just had a soiree to attend, I might be able to put some of those dresses to use.

I don't shop often, but when I do, I like to buy things that will live in my closet for seasons and beyond. Of course if an item is going to be around for a while, I need to be able change the style/look of it. A sure fire way mix things up in your wardrobe it by adding a belt.

* Fitted tee, jeans and skinny hip belt: bravo.

* Loose tunic, leggings, knee boots, and a wide waist belt: hats off to you.

*Strapless dress and double wrapped skinny belt: kudos.

Belt your coat, belt a formal dress, belt an open drape james perse blouse...constantly bring excitement and diversity to your outfit. Look for belts that are metallic, animal printed, hardware embellished and in varying colors of leather -- the options are limitless.

Iniam is getting a beautiful collection of belts that should arrive in the next few. There are more than a few with my name on it.

No comments: