Monday, October 19, 2009

My Favorite Outfit

As you know, I'm always on the quest for a great casual outfit -- something that can go from day to night, doesn't require ironing or prep time, and looks great with flats or heels. Of course I'm not about to share anything life changing - the following are all pieces you've seen over and over.

My go to out fit includes the AG premiere -- a skinny straight jean with an 8 inch rise jean that is great for a little belly support, a solid color tshirt or blouse of your choice and for the finishing touch, a long boyfriend blazer. I've tried on several jackets. Most jackets I looked at were going to cost me $500 or more. There are some beautiful options out there. Silk, cotton, wool, dressy, casual...all of them great and open for your personal interpretation. I love JCrew's version. It fits beautifully and is priced at $215. Not bad if you ask me.

First and foremost, the look is slimming. Cuff your jeans, throw on some flats and you are ready to tackle the day. Or...add heels and your ready for dinner with the girls or the date of your choice.

If you really want to make the look shine, add a long layered necklace --mixed metal chains intertwined with a little bling is the way to go. Even mixed pearls will add some va va voom. Add a cocktail ring and a clutch and you'll leave them wondering what you will be wearing tomorrow.

No comments: