Thursday, October 1, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I wanted to take a moment to embrace and support those that are fighting this disease, applaud the survivors and grieve for those who have lost their lives during their battle.

I'd like to remind all of us how important it is to visit our doctors for our yearly exams in addition to continually performing self-exams. I did the Susan G. Komen 3 day, 60 mile breast cancer walk a few years back. The biggest thing I took away from that experience is that this ugly disease can affect ANY woman at ANY time, with no history of it in her family. Women who exercise, eat healthy, live and love life to the fullest have become victims.

I'll be back to style and fashion tomorrow, but I felt remiss not to address something that has affected so many women.

Through the month of October, a portion of all sales made at iniam, will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.


I don't know anything more beautiful than good health!

No comments: